Tonight I had the opportunity to catch up with two great friends over a brief, but wonderful supper date.
As I lain (uncomfortably) in bed tonight, I started to think how lucky I am to be blessed with good friends.
My entire life I've always felt like an outsider when it came to friends. I think it has a lot to do with commitment and trust issues. Oh, sure. There are still people that I don't trust any farther than I can throw them, but I've learned not to open my mouth in their presence. And I always felt like I was a bad friend. I loathe talking on the phone, so I'm not good at calling just to say, "Hey! How's it going?" I forget birthdays and special occasions. And I find that I suffer from foot-in-mouth disease. I never think before I speak.
One thing that I've appreciated over the summer is how many childhood friends I've been able to reconnect with. And what's really neat is that it's like nothing has changed. Like we've been in touch forever. Granted, we are all maturer and wiser versions of ourselves. I've also gained a great new friend, surprisingly who I enjoy speaking on the phone with every day.
I feel like I've drastically changed over this summer. For the first time in my life, I feel content. I feel comfortable. I feel like I'm ready to give and not take.
I've finally learned what it means to be a friend.
Copyright 2009 The Pospichals. Powered by
Blogger.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Sponsored by: Website Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes | consumer products. Thanks to blogger template
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Sponsored by: Website Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes | consumer products. Thanks to blogger template
0 comments:
Post a Comment