In the early '90s, I had a t-shirt with "U Can't Touch This" written in fluorescent lettering on the front. Even though initially this shirt was sold to promote M.C. Hammer's hit song, I think it should be reincarnated for pregnant women around the world.
Last night I was violated.
Don't get me wrong, I realize that my belly protrudes a foot out in front of me and that bumping into people is inevitable. Where I draw the line is when a person purposefully grabs a hold of my stomach with two hands and tries to shake it like a five-year-old's cheeks (which I also consider wrong and an infringement of personal space).
I'm not a touchy-feely person. The only physical contact I welcome is when AJ wants to snuggle, or the occasional--and infrequent--nuzzle time with Barry. (I think the last time the latter occurred was about eight months ago.)
As I was standing in the buffet line last night, a person (who shall remain nameless to protect the guilty) told Barry's friend something to the effect of not cutting in line because I was pregnant and "eating for two" as he/she grabbed my belly by both hands and shook it.
What really irked me last night was that 1) it was a person who should have known not to touch me, and 2) my husband did not intervene and say "hands off." Instead, as I was seething, my husband said, "Oh, I figured that may have pissed you off."
'Ya think?
I'm seriously considering buying a public service announcement to put on the radio. Something to the effect of the "Back Away from the Belly" campaign. Listen for it on your local radio station.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Copyright 2009 The Pospichals. Powered by
Blogger.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Sponsored by: Website Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes | consumer products. Thanks to blogger template
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Sponsored by: Website Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes | consumer products. Thanks to blogger template
0 comments:
Post a Comment