The night before the first day of school ultimately means the annual Schwager Frog Leg Fry. I'm not quite sure how many years this event has been in existence, but it's been a while. It started out with my dad and a bunch of his game warden friends. After the interesting supper, the men take off and catch bullfrogs...legally. Now, a group of new faces can be found at the picnic tables with the same game wardens. Dad likes to invite a different crowd each year to experience the not-so-tantalizing frog legs.
I shouldn't judge. I've never actually eaten a frog leg. Nor do I ever plan to. Both of my sisters devour them. They used to beg Dad to make them for breakfast. (They're strange little birds, they are.)
Personally, I have an issue eating anything that has slime. Dad's finally figured out that no matter how much he tries to trick me, persuade me, or guilt-trip me into eating them that I can't be cracked. This year he grilled chicken. Which actually makes sense. Everyone says that frog legs taste like chicken. So, why not just eat chicken? The chicken was darn good, too.
A huge batch of walleye was also fried as well. Once again, this falls under my "no slimy food" rule, so I passed. AJ loved the fish, which is too bad because fish is one thing I'll never cook.
Now that I think about it, I've never considered myself a finicky eater, but I just might be one. Here's what I'll eat: beef, pork, beef, crab legs, beef, lobster, beef, chicken, beef, and the occasional oyster, calamari, and scallop (even these latter three go against my "slimy food" rule).
Now I'm hungry.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Copyright 2009 The Pospichals. Powered by
Blogger.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Sponsored by: Website Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes | consumer products. Thanks to blogger template
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Sponsored by: Website Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes | consumer products. Thanks to blogger template
0 comments:
Post a Comment