As Gramma Becky brought to my attention last night, it's been a long time since I've blogged. It's not that I haven't had plenty to write about. Frankly, the last month has been full of material to write about. Rather, I just haven't had the time. Not that I feel I have the time now; I should be sleeping. Thank goodness Barry doesn't have access to the computer. He would be livid that I wasn't resting.
The last two weeks have been a whirlwind filled with moments of bliss and moments of absolute hopelessness.
Bo Michael Grant Pospichal made his entrance in this world on Tuesday, September 21, at 9:25 P.M.
At six-thirty that evening I was excited because I thought my contractions would be mild enough for me to enjoy my favorite show "One Tree Hill." Then the back labor began. As I was lying on my stomach trying to make the back pain better, my accommodating husband gave me the play-by-play as to what was happening on the show. Keep in mind, Barry has never seen the show. So it went something like this:
Barry: "Some guy and some girl are wearing white on the beach. I think they're dead."
Me: "WHAT?!? Did Clay and Quinn die?"
Barry: "Who are Clay and Quinn?"
Me: "Tell me what the characters look like" (I'm not stupid. I knew that he would actually describe them because, after all, I was in pain. He felt responsible.)
Barry: "Ummm...the guy has spiky hair. The kind of hair that you like but I think is goofy."
So this continued for the next hour. I finally had the chance to watch the show on Sunday. Barry didn't do too bad of a job.
Then Bo arrived. As a mother, there's nothing better than the first few hours spent with a newborn. I couldn't keep myself from holding him and checking to make sure he had all his fingers and toes. Bo had moved low into my pelvis the week before, so his face was very swelled and bruised. One ear was folded in half. (My mom's suggestion was to "tape it up to his head.") Barry and I were scared that he was blind because we couldn't see his eyes. Yet, he was one of the two most beautiful people I had ever met--the other was snuggled in bed at Grammy and Grandpa's house. Today, Bo is perfect. The bruising is gone, the ear has unfolded, and his eyes--although still somewhat swollen--are a brilliant steel blue.
Though once we returned home, it seemed like all hell broke loose. Bo had jaundice. We had to take him to the hospital in O'Neill to have his bilirubin tested for three days. Bo's small feet were lanced to draw the blood. Barry and I were almost in tears as our newborn boy cried. But two days sitting in the warm sun of Grammy's living room helped lower his bilirubin levels. On Monday Bo was given a clean bill of health by our pediatrician.
Then AJ got sick. He began with a low-grade fever that quickly spiked to a high-grade fever. One shot and a frantic call to the ER later, AJ is finally on the mend. I could write an entire book over the events of Tuesday night. AJ refused to take medicine. I'll omit the details, but let's just say it wasn't pretty.
Last night I came down with the chills and a fever. Mastitis, I'm sure. I had it three times after AJ was born so I'm very familiar with the symptoms. Bring out the heat compresses and ibuprofen.
Despite the craziness of the past days, I thank God for every moment that I get to spend with my boys. He has truly blessed our family.
Bo has awakened, so I'm off to feed my angel. Hopefully, my next post will be more timely!
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Copyright 2009 The Pospichals. Powered by
Blogger.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Sponsored by: Website Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes | consumer products. Thanks to blogger template
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Sponsored by: Website Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes | consumer products. Thanks to blogger template
0 comments:
Post a Comment