Barry came home for lunch--he figured it to be the sixth time that we've sat at the table at noon as a family since we've been married. How sad is that?
Both boys took a short nap today, which allowed me to work on both of my on-line classes. I'm teaching a graduate education class through Doane (the same one I've been teaching for six years) and an undergrad literature class through Northeast. All together I'll have around 30 students. This should make for a busy semester!
Bo is almost rolling over. He spent a lot of time on his activity mat or in his jumperoo. He seemed to be less uncomfortable with teething today...thank goodness! He's not quite as warmblooded as AJ and wanted to snuggle. I didn't mind one bit!
AJ spent most of the morning bringing every single toy he owns to the middle of the living room floor. When that was filled, he worked on filling the family room floor. The highlight of his night was going upstairs with Barry. Every night Barry takes him up to the loft and lets him run circles. He definitely has a lot of energy to burn! He loves to count and counted the stairs up and down. He gets this from Grandpa Gene. Dad once counted all the knots that he made in a net. He counts all the cedar trees he shears, and all the fish he has caught over the years. Come to think of it, my Grandpa was a "counter" too. It must be genetic.
I had hoped to do some stamping today. I need to stock up on cards. However, AJ is too eager of a helper. I don't know how Gramma Becky gets so much done during the day.
Today I started Weightwatchers. At this very moment I'm contemplating gnawing the leather on the chair for nourishment. I have 65 pounds to shed to get to a "healthy" weight. Sadly the last time I did Weightwatchers was in 2007, when at 140 pounds I wanted to get down to 125. I thought I was huge at that time! When did my weight get so out of hand?!? I've been doing my elliptical religiously, but have used my added exercise as an excuse to eat more food. Also, I learned that my healthy snack that I ate two to three times a day is actually not so good for me. My Nature Valley Oats and Honey bars are 5 points! Eeeekkkk!
We have a late start tomorrow. It's supposed to get down to 30 below tonight. I don't mind snow, but I really, really, really hate being cold! I can't wait to bake in the hayfield!
0 comments:
Post a Comment