Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brrrr...

So the last 24 hours have been FREEZING! Not "Wow, it's cold outside" cold, but bone-chilling, nose-hair-tingling cold.  Last night Barry rigged up every heater imaginable.  While the outside was arctic-like, the inside of our home was like living on the Equator.  I think Bo was too warm.  Usually he sleeps like a rock, but last night he was up and down all night.  It didn't help that AJ had played with the Angelcare Monitor yesterday, and it would randomly go off throughout the night.  Nothing gets me out of bed faster than hearing its warning signal.  So, I would wake Bo to make sure he was breathing.  Eventually I figured out that AJ had moved the sensor mat to the end of the bed.  So, unless Bo's feet were touching it, it would go off.

Today was pretty uneventful.  I tried an adaptation on a favorite recipe and it turned out yummy.  The original calls for pork, but I used cubed steak instead.  The "Schwans man" came today.  AJ had shrimp tempura at Gramma Becky's and was determined that was what he was going to have for supper.  I bought a box and he ate two.  I'm so proud of his bravery when it comes to trying foods.  Although he doesn't care for many sweets--probably because he always gets offered them when he goes to the doctor.  You know how some kids crave candy.  Not mine.  If we offer him something sweet, he's convinced that we've laced it with medicine and refuses to take it.  He'll only take candy from Grandma Jan.  Evidently he trusts her.

Bo's started to fuss, so I'm back on Mom duty.  Until tomorrow...

0 comments:

Post a Comment