I always held a grudge against my mom for lying to me about so many things as a child. Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, that the dog "ran away," that my snake "escaped" from his cage, that toads would give me warts, that if I "made a face like that it would freeze that way." Now that I'm a parent, I understand why parents lie to their children. It's easier than explaining the truth.
A couple of weeks ago AJ was chasing toads around his play area. I've learned that toads are not stupid creatures. They quickly figured out that if they hopped to the fence they could escape him. Each time a toad would make a run for it, AJ would ask me "Where de go?" I'd respond, "On the other side of the fence." I found out that he expected me to open the gate for him to go on the other side. This was not going to happen since the child has a knack for running at a high speed for the street.
Instead I started to respond, "He went home to eat supper with his daddy." (Don't ask me how I came up with that.) Evidently AJ thinks it's perfectly acceptable for a toad to want to leave the play area to eat supper with his daddy.
Tonight Mom and Jacy came to town and watched AJ while I worked at school. When I returned home, Mom told me that AJ kept talking about toads going to supper with daddy. She couldn't imagine where he came up with such a story.
Hmmm... I wonder.
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Copyright 2009 The Pospichals. Powered by
Blogger.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Sponsored by: Website Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes | consumer products. Thanks to blogger template
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Sponsored by: Website Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes | consumer products. Thanks to blogger template
0 comments:
Post a Comment