As many of you know, I used to sell Tupperware. I love Tupperware. Okay, to be honest, I like anything that helps me store or organize. But here's the thing with selling Tupperware: It comes with a lifetime warranty. So it's not like people are constantly needing new pieces. That's a problem if the company requires a consultant to sell $450 a quarter. In June I decided to throw in the towel and become an "inactive" consultant.
A couple of weeks ago, Lindsay and I were having our nightly meeting in the backyard. I'm not sure how we came up with the idea, but--to make a long story short--we decided that life would be even more perfect if I became a Scentsy consultant and she started to sell Uppercase Living. I'm pretty sure we even created a detailed business plan to go with our idea. And that plan goes a little like this: I'll buy her stuff, and she'll buy mine. (Won't our husbands be proud?)
Now I'm a bona fide Scentsy consultant. And do you know what's great about Scentsy? It requires people to buy more wax! (Which is why the topic of Scentsy came up that night. I was trying to find a local consultant. I'm almost out of wax and am rationing my final blocks.) The night my kit arrived, Lindsay and I spent an hour in the backyard writing down our favorite scents. Even Carter and AJ joined in on the action. (Which will make our husbands even prouder!)
My mom--who's always a good sport--agreed to host a "basket party." (This is Scentsy's equivalent of a book party.) And this morning I can barely contain my excitement because the order is to arrive today! I've even purchased adorable gift bags and ribbon to package the purchases. More than anything, I'm super excited to see the items I bought for myself. School's starting soon, so I needed to order a warmer and a multitude of scents to mask the not-so-pleasant odor of sweating students in a hot, humid classroom.
Now do I expect to make a killing selling Scentsy? Nope. Heck, I'll be happy if I break even. I'm just hoping to mask the smell of dogs and diapers in my own home.
T-minus two hours until UPS arrives!
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Copyright 2009 The Pospichals. Powered by
Blogger.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Sponsored by: Website Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes | consumer products. Thanks to blogger template
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Sponsored by: Website Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes | consumer products. Thanks to blogger template
0 comments:
Post a Comment